Pages

Wednesday, February 3

Vintage Kitchen Hoosier Cabinet

My latest Alleymart acquisition is a particularly rare discovery. This time I found a Hoosier style pantry cabinet.


I’ve found vintage cabinets in the alley before, but until now they’ve all been metal.

I was making my usual Sunday afternoon visit to my favorite junk emporium, and decided to detour down the alleys for part of the drive. Behind a house up near one of the girls' favorite parks, someone had put the cabinet out for collection.

It appears to be in pretty good shape structurally, though it definitely needs a new coat of paint. Its second best feature is that it has lots of shelves:


Its best feature is that there’s a brand tag on the front of the cabinet.


I’m hoping I can figure out a way to get the paint off without damaging the tag underneath, since I’d love to know the name of the maker.

It will go on the project list for cleanup sometime in the next year or two. In the meantime, I'll have to make time to devote some effort to researching vintage kitchen cabinetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment